The GitHub Student Developer Pack is back for another school year. The program has provided over 1.5 million students the best real-world developer tools and training for free since its introduction six years ago.
If you are a school/college student then you can apply for GitHub student developer pack.
What do they offer to students ?
Visit- https://education.github.com/pack/offers for offers.
Steps to apply:
First of all go to the following link: https://help.github.com/en/articles/applying-for-a-student-developer-pack
- Go to GitHub Education and, in the top right, click Get benefits.
- Under “Which best describes your academic status?”, select Student.
- Select or add the email address you use for school. Tip: Selecting a school-issued email address, if you have one, gives you the best chance of a speedy review.
- If prompted, upload proof of your academic status.( In case if you don’t have .edu mail. You can user gmail too)
- Upload an image of valid academic ID or other proof of current academic status (Ex. ID card, other proofs by your college/school.
- Enter your school’s name.
- Describe how you plan to use GitHub.
- Verify your application details, then click Submit your information.
If your application is approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Applications are usually processed within a few days, but it may take longer during peak times, such as during the start of a new semester.
Note- It might take 10-20 days for approval process, In my case 14 days were taken
Best free tools from this pack:
✅Bootstrap Studio: desktop app for creating responsive websites using the Bootstrap framework
✅Microsoft Azure: set of cloud services to help you build, manage, and deploy applications
✅AWS Educate: reliable, scalable, and inexpensive cloud computing services, free training, and collaboration resources
✅Datadog: cloud-based infrastructure monitoring
✅Namecheap: affordable domain registration, hosting, and management
✅Heroku: flexible, easy-to-use platform to deploy, run, and manage your apps
✅Jetbrains: provider of professional desktop IDEs: IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, and more
✅Stripe: web and mobile payment APIs, built for developers
✅Name .com: domain name registrar and web host
✅PushBots: scalable push notification system for mobile applications
✅Better Code Hub: online source code analysis service
✅LogDNA: log management platform